What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website ?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, postal address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site, provide us with feedback on our products or services
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To process your order & transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Processing an Order
When a website user places an order, the information entered, such as name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, company name, and VAT number is stored within the order. The other information that is stored is as follows:
How do we protect your information?
Our website is checked regularly for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser: If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the website.
The two cookies that are used within our ecommerce website software are as follows:
1. PHPSESSID - Contains a PHP "session ID", expires when the browser is closed
The "PHPSESSID" cookie is required so that the site can recognise the same user clicking from page to page. Without it, every page would be treated as the first visit to the site, and anything added to the shopping basket would be instantly forgotten. Online shopping would, therefore, be impossible.
2. Session - Contains a PHP "session ID", can also contain an email address and encrypted password, expires after one year.
The "session" cookie is intended for the user's convenience, this is created with a copy of the initial session ID so that the user can be classed as "returning" and the contents of the shopping basket will still be available. If the user signs in with an email address and password, these login details are also saved so that they can remain logged in when returning (the password is encrypted). If the user signs out, the login details are removed from the cookie.
Your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies on trendproductsonline.co.uk, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them and also improve your online shopping experience in doing so.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is related to this information. If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from trendproductsonline.co.uk, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, when one is used.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests as quickly as possible.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.